In this session of the Mobile App Tycoon Podcast I chat with Jason Seligman, the developer of the highly successful app VIN Viper. While many people focus on the quantity of apps they developer, Jason really focuses on the quality of his app and built it into it’s own business. That business is now made up of 12 people and Jason is the first to give credit to the VIN Viper team that has worked so hard to make VIN Viper the success it is today.
VIN Viper is a free car appraisal tool that shows you exactly what your car is worth and is being used by both individual car buyers and sellers as well as car dealerships who buy cars from auctions.
What I like the about Jason’s story is how he treated his app as a legitimate business from Day 1. He thought about marketing during the idea and development phases, thinks about long term profitability rather than making a few extra bucks in the short-term, and treats his users as valued customers.
In this session you’ll learn:
- How Jason came up with the idea for VIN Viper.
- What competitors were present and what Jason did to set his app apart.
- Jason’s philosophy about giving the customer a great experience.
- Why he gives such a valuable app for FREE and how he makes money from it selling reports and other products.
- How Jason is marketing VIN Viper both online AND offline.
- How Jason creates mutually beneficial partnerships with other companies to help promote his app.
- Jason’s biggest challenge as a business owner and app developer.
Items mentioned in this podcast:
If you are enjoying these podcasts, please take the time to leave me an honest review on iTunes. Reviews help new people find the podcast as well as give me feedback as to how I’m doing! Click here to leave a review!