It’s finally here! Welcome to the very first episode of The Mobile App Tycoon Podcast!
I’m super excited to finally have a podcast, as podcasts are a great way to consume information especially if you’re one of those people who is always on the move. Simply listen to them when you’re driving, exercising, cooking, etc. and you can do your daily activities while at the same time learning all about mobile app creation and marketing!
You can download the podcast to your computer or listen to it on the audio player here on the blog. Also, I have submitted the podcast feed to iTunes so after it is approved within the next day or two, you will be able to subscribe there as well.
UPDATE: iTunes has approved my podcast and you can check it out by clicking here. Make sure to go into iTunes and subscribe so you can listen to all future episodes on your iPod, iPad, or iPhone!
Most of the podcast episodes are going to be around 45 minutes long and will feature and interview with an expert in the mobile app industry – usually very successful developers.
However, today’s show is going to be a little bit different. Instead of interviewing someone about their apps, I’m going to talk to David Janner from Make App Magazine about my app, SharePrayer. I’m going to go over what my marketing plan has been with SharePrayer so far and David’s going to publicly critique what I’ve been doing and let me know what I can do to improve my sales!
The great thing is you can all learn from my mistakes and use the information and advice he gives to better market your apps!
In this session you’ll learn:
- Exactly what my strategy for SharePrayer has been so far.
- Marketing outside the app store vs. inside the app store.
- Why I chose the Lifestyle category for SharePrayer.
- Why the category you choose for your app does matter.
- Why app store users search for broad phrases, and how you can target them.
- How to “steal” your competitors keywords and use them for your app.
- How to format your keywords for best results.
- How important App Store SEO is to your marketing strategy.
- What makes an app icon stand out.
- How to incorporate sales copy into your screenshots.
- How to use special characters in your description.
- What is localization and how it can affect your app sales.
Items mentioned in this podcast:
- How Many Daily Downloads Does it Take to Reach the Top 25 of the App Store?
- Make App Magazine Website
- Download Make App Magazine on iTunes