In this session of the Mobile App Tycoon Podcast I talk to Kenny McPeek, a professional horse trainer and developer of the app Horse Races Now.
Kenny’s passion for horse racing led him to create this app for horse racing enthusiasts as well as to get the younger generation interested and involved in the sport!
Unfortunately, Kenny’s journey from idea to final product has been a majorly bumpy one. His first experience hiring a developer resulted in him being ripped off and given nothing in return. Lately, he’s been struggling to get approval from top racing tracks to use their video content in his app.
However, through all this Kenny continues to believe in his app…and apparently he’s not the only one! Horse Races Now has over 20,000 users with 100 more downloading it every day!
In this interview, Kenny will share both his successes and his failures with this app, and how he’s going to turn this app from a financial failure to a success!
In this session you’ll learn:
- Why Kenny decided to get into app development when he was already a successful horse trainer.
- How Kenny got ripped off for $45,000 from an app developer that produced NOTHING.
- How much it cost Kenny to develop his app once he found legitimate developers.
- Why Kenny compares his development experiences to the explorers, Lewis & Clark
- What app Kenny would eventually like to model his monetization methods after.
- How Kenny is going about getting approval from race tracks to use their video content in his app.
- How Kenny gets 100+ new users every day WITHOUT marketing!
- Kenny’s advice for choosing app developers.
Items mentioned in this podcast:
Kenny’s App in the Webby Awards (link coming soon)
If you are enjoying these podcasts, please take the time to leave me an honest review on iTunes. Reviews help new people find the podcast as well as give me feedback as to how I’m doing! Click here to leave a review!