In this session of the Mobile App Tycoon Podcast I’m joined by Kate Kiehl, the marketing manager for the extremely successful app company Night & Day Studios.
Night & Day Studios was founded back in 2006 and has grown to a highly successful development company with over 20 employees. Since 2006 they’ve produced over 100 different apps including the bestselling “Peekaboo Barn” which has reached the top 200 in the entire app store!
Kate joined the Night & Day team around 6 months ago, and since has learned a lot about marketing and promotion for apps which she has graciously agreed to share with us in today’s episode!
In this session you’ll learn:
- Kate’s career path and experiences that led her to eventually become the marketing manger for Night & Day.
- Why Night & Day builds apps primarily the children’s and education niches.
- Kate’s thoughts on the lite/paid monetization model vs. the in-app purchases monetization model.
- How Night & Day takes advantage of their large app network to cross-promote other apps!
- How Kate and her colleagues determine which app ideas they think will be successful or not.
- How Kate gets feedback from both kids and parents on apps to make sure they are GREAT before releasing them.
- How Kate chooses keywords to target for her apps.
- The benefits of creating an email list and push notifications to promote new apps!
- Why grassroots marketing is so important to independent app developers.
Items mentioned in this podcast:
If you are enjoying these podcasts, please take the time to leave me an honest review on iTunes. Reviews help new people find the podcast as well as give me feedback as to how I’m doing! Click here to leave a review!